Informed Discussion of Beekeeping Issues and Bee Biology <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 31 Dec 2006 09:44:48 -0800
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (23 lines)
Peter wrote:  "As the mould warms up things improve rapidly"

Wow.  Maybe I just gave up too soon, or didn't stick with it long enough.  But what a pain.  I wondered how in the world people got these things to work.  Now at least I have a little bit of hope.

A couple of people have sent me e-mails "off-list" to ask about my mold, how I built it, what materials, etc.  Some have asked if it works with small cell, drone foundation, etc.  

I have plans that I copied out of an ancient book at the library.  If you wish to make your own mold, I will gladly copy my copies and send them along.  Then you can choose whatever size foundation want.

The foundation mold is like a book.  It has a hinge that you shut on molten wax, and once cooled, lift it up and peel off the sheet you just molded.  Maybe if I ran the hair dryer over the mold first, then add the wax, it would release my foundation sooner.  Peter, you're a breath of fresh air!

These plans are not digitalized for internet or e-mail.  I'll have to snail-mail them.  You can send me your address with a buck or two to cover postage and copying costs, and I'll send the plans right back.

Grant Gillard
  3721 North High
  Jackson, MO 63755

-- Visit www.honeybeeworld.com/bee-l for rules, FAQ and  other info ---

ATOM RSS1 RSS2