Date:
Thu, 30 Aug 2012 11:03:16 -0600
 > I have  the luxury of keeping our research hives on elevated stands
 > - which also completely eliminates skunk problems - they don't climb
 >  nor jump well.  As  long as the stand is taller than the skunk,
 > never have a problem.

I took to putting my hive pallets on top of a grocery pallet for that
reason.  It also saves rotting the skids on the more expensive pallets
and allows working at a more comfortable height.

Although a skunk could reach up, so far is see no signs of .  I do worry
when hives are hanging out and there are clusters hanging from the
entrances, though.

I do have a skunk.  You can see him captured on a game camera in
yesterday's diary, reaching up wishing he could reach the pallet of
Global Patties I raised onto drums because he was bothering the boxes.
Skunks love pollen parries, BTW.