Date:
Sat, 12 Feb 2000 08:26:13 +1300
An interesting paradox.

A modernist marketing "the finest in honeycomb production."

I love it. Unfortunately, in our linear Western mindset, we think of yesterday's
ideas as obsolete and tend to put them in the "past their use by date" box. I
mean, who markets old fashioned honey comb these days? People did that in the
old days before modern technology like centrifuges etc meant that you could sell
more for less.

However, I bet I know who gets the best price!

The current debate about choosing organics or GE is interesting too. The
DeathSciences companies say that organics was rejected by society, and that we
need GE to feed the world, make food more nutritious, blah, blah. Yet some of
the most spectacular successes have been when two eras or technologies converge.
A good example is the convergience of telecommunications and computers.

Why don't we converge modern science with organics? Given what we know about
nutrition and disease now, it's got to be a winner.

As Lloyd's paradox highlights, it doesn't have to be either/or -- it can be
both/and. If you can make the same income selling less at a higher price -- why
not. Then, perhaps, we might have more time for writing long and thoughtful
emails.

Ron