From:
Juanse Barros <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Sep 2012 11:43:35 -0300
We moved colonies in winter (june 1st) from a southern location to a
northen one. Remember I am on th southern hemisphere, therefore I
moved from the cold south to the warm north.

Well after some 15 days, we check all colonies and on one particular
stand I took two frames from a colonies around 8 frames with bees, to
boost a colony with some 3 frames.

15 days latter the donor colony was still strong but with IBDS . We
check for varroa and nothing. Now a couple of month latter that IBDS
colony have spotty brood, sunken larvae, owfull smell and still no
varroa. The malady haven't move to neighbour colonies.

Today I took all frames with brood (and IBDS) out and replaced with
new frames. I do not use antibiotics.

It have been rather cold and dry down here, so no much of a natural
flow (some pollen and nectar, but still supplementing) so colonies
have not exploded yet.