From:
Peter John Keating <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Peter John Keating <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Apr 2001 22:15:24 -0400
I built myself a Kelly style loader for a "1 ton" truck which would be
something like your boom. You certainly should install a cut off switch to
avoid accidental use of the boom. I used a battery switch from a
agricultural tractor. You need very heavy cable if the battery is any
distance from the winch. I used welding cable. The boom was my ground. You
will need solenoid for the up and down switches, otherwise they will burn
out with the current. I used the old style relays for starter motors. With
my boom l moved lots of hives over a period of 6 years and never had an
electrical problem. I now have a larger truck and a Payne loader.
Peter
. Question: