From:
Peter L Borst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Aug 2012 16:43:40 -0400
Hi all

Interestingly, I am one of those people for whom labels are extremely important. Being severely allergic to peanuts, I am always on guard at restaurants and when buying packaged food. So, it really messed me up when they started to label everything: "may contain peanuts" or "this product was processed with equipment that was used to process peanuts."

I figured out pretty early on that none of these products has any appreciable amount of "peanut or peanut like substances". I eat these products knowing that I will probably be fine, but if I have to go to the Emergency Room, it's my bad day.

I'll tell you what I don't want: I don't want labels on wine. There are about 200 ingredients they can use *besides grapes* and I don't want to read about them.

Pete