From:
Jerry Bromenshenk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Feb 2019 16:21:44 +0000
[log in to unmask] writes: I asked him how he survived the Varroa
invasion.  His answer:  we discovered oxalic acid right away.<
Obviously not Treatment Free nor Natural Beekeeping.  After years of education in chemistry, thousands of residue analyses, I understand that oxalic is considered organic, but it's certainly not natural in hives at the levels of application.

The terminology isn't consistent or even logical.  Chemicals are generally regarding as inorganic (e.g., trace elements, heavy metals) or organic (long-chain carbon compounds).   The issue for organic produce isn't 'organic', it's the use of synthetic (manufactured) chemicals versus non-synthetic chemicals for treatments.
Risk and toxicity and hazards are not necessarily lower for naturally occurring chemicals - think of the poison darts used in the Amazon, dipped in frog excretions.

I'd like my honey be as chemical free as possible, and all of the rest of my diet.  Find a chemical that kills mites, doesn't harm bees, and never shows up in the honey - I won't care whether its synthetic or not.