From:
"J. Waggle" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Nov 2005 06:42:51 -0800
--- Curtis Crowell <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>   First, my thanks  for an extremely informative
> site, and videos to boot!

Thanks Curtis,  it;s there for all to use.  I'm trying
to categorize them so that information needed is
easily found.  There are many links from within sites
I have included and 'bookmarked' because vital
information can be very difficult to find and lost
within a site at times, so I sometimes will have
several pages with their own links from a single site
linked up on the list.

While on the subject, I once ran across a link that
had a formula for a 'rough estimate' the number of
bees in a colony by counting the number of foragers
leaving the colony.  It was on a trivia page I believe
and I think from a extensions service in the mid west
maybe.  If anyone is aware of the location of this
link, or has the formula, please provide,,,I would be
grateful, I lost my link somewhere.  Am also intrested
in any type of 'counting bees formula' and the formula
for bee 'lining timing the distance formula'

I recently moved my slide
> presentation to a laptop with a projector...

That's a great idea Curtis! Is it difficult to get web
photos onto a laptop for projection slide shows.  What
equipment or programs are needed?

> Personally, I like to start with images of cave
> paintings of feral  bees and prehistoric man...

That's a good idea starting with the past and bringing
the presentation up to the present day.  That would be
very effective to provide an overview of beekeeping
history and setting the stage for present day
beekeeping presentations. Thanks!

> (light the smoker) just enought to get a few puffs
offbefore shutting it down.

I once put some dry ice in a tin can with water, then
in my smoker for Halloween.  ;>)
Thanks for the great tips Curtis.
Best Wishes,

Joe Waggle ~ Derry, PA