From:
bob darrell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Mar 2007 18:24:50 -0500
On 13-Mar-07, at 8:36 PM, John & Christy Horton wrote:

> I was looking through my hives and was wondering if anybody knows
> tha normal amount of brood + eggs that one would find in a hive in
> springtime conditions.
> What would the maximum?
>
> I have seen one with about 1000 square inches in one of my few
> hives thats a double-this is all brood and all aggs.

Hi John & all

I assume that you are located in the southern US.  I am located in
southern Ontario Canada.  We are in the middle of a thaw(+14C = 57F
and sunny).  My bees were out for their first cleansing flight
yesterday.  Our snow dropped from 30" to about 12".  This weekend
will be down to -4C(25F).

Obviously our weather, climate and bee season is very different than
yours.  Your question can only be answered by your close neighbours
unless you give your location and other bee related facts.

Bob Darrell
Caledon Ontario
Canada
44 north 80 west