From:
David Gaida <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 26 Jan 1999 10:19:42 -0500
Wonderful thread.  I am a gadget guru, even have a gadget graveyard.  I
ordered the frame lifter for Dave after he spent quite a few apiary trips
cussing because the frames slipped from his grasp.

The local newspaper did a story on our beekeeping association.  Had a
picture on the front page of Dave examining a hive.  (A good almost half
page picture!)  Dave was using the frame gripper.  We got at least 4 phone
calls from older beekeepers asking what they were and where did we get
them.  One of our new beekeepers, a little dinky lady, said she saw the
picture and ordered them.  Said they were cheap for how much they have
helped her.  (Her hubby laughed and said she was always dropping frames and
'making' him run, hollering, to the house).

Dave also uses the frame rest that hangs on the side of the hive.  There is
no reason to set any frames on the ground and accidentally hurt any ladies.

Judy in Kentucky, USA