From:
Dave Green <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 May 2002 17:51:27 -0400
  I received the following request from a new beekeeper in Morocco for help on varroa control:

<<monsieur
 je suis un apiculteur debutant ,et j'ai quellque
questions a vous poser.
 1:qu ils sont les methodes naturelles pour faire baisser
la pression de varroa.
 2:est ce que en peux controles la varroa sans utiliser les
acaracide.
 3:qu 'ils sont les recomondations pour les
traitement :acide formique et l'acide oxalique:
 ** methodologie:
 -applications par degouttements(soulition de sucre)
 -asperger directement (seulement avec de l'eau).
 -impergnes des morceaux de bois dans l'acide.
 (composent de solution + quantite de solution + moment
de traitement+remarque .).

4:qu ils sont les produites qui:
 *stimulant la ponte chez la reine.
 *qui incite au nourrissement.
(composent de solution + quantite de solution + moment de
traitement+remarque .).

5 :est ce que je peux avoir un calendrie d'elevage.
6:une documentation sur ce sujet.

dans l'attente de votre reponse veuillez agreer monsieur
l'assurance de mes consideration distinguees.>>

Since my French is very rusty, I went to Babelfish for this (rough) translation:

<<
Mister I am a bee-keeper debutant,et I have quellque questions has to pose to you. 1:qu they are the natural methods cause a drop in the pressure of varroa. 2:est what can controls the varroa without using the acaracide. 3:qu ' they are the recomondations for the formic:acide treatment and the oxalic acid: ** methodology: - applications by sugar degouttements(soulition) - to sprinkle directly (only with water). - impergnes of the pieces of wood in the acid. (compose of solution + quantity of solution + moment of traitement+remarque.). 4:qu they are produced which: * stimulating the laying at the queen. * which encourages with the nourrissement. (compose of solution + quantity of solution + moment of traitement+remarque.). 5:est what I can have a calendrie breeding. 6:une documentation on this subject. in waiting of your answer want agreer Mister the insurance of my consideration distinguees.>>

  I don't know much about oxalic or formic acid as a treatment. I was going to suggest drone trapping, but this gentleman probably doesn't use foundation, or perhaps could not obtain drone sized foundation. This is what I was thinking to do with my own bees this coming year.

   If anyone else has comments, I will forward them to him.

Dave Green   SC  USA
The Pollination Home Page (Now searchable): http://pollinator.com