From:
Michael Palmer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Jun 2007 20:49:23 -0400
>  I would like to hear any stories about wonderful or horrible honeys
>you may have encountered in your beekeeping careers!

I had a pretty strange honey one year...1986.

When I paid off my yard rentals, the farmer asked my how the year
was. I told him terrible...except for the yard on his property. Those
bees made supers and supers of honey. But, it was the color of milk.

Farmer gets big grin. "Why, I told Mother that those bees would be
the fattest around."

Bells and whistles go off in my head....

"Yep, follow me," says the farmer.

We go out behinfd the barn, and there is a mountain of cardboard
barrels. There were bees everywhere.

The stuff was a recovered sugar solution, from Wyeth Pharmeceuticals.
Actually, it was used as the coating on pills. Sucrose, Titanium
Dioxode, Microcrystalline Cellulose, and dyes.

Wonderful. When I unknowingly extracted it, it got mixed into several
hundred pails of honey.

Called Wyeth. They didn't want to know about it...the farmer had
signed a release. I couldn't talk to anyone in charge...just the
secretary, and a lower caste engineer.

Played my trump...My Dad had retired as the Asst. Tax manager of
American Home...owner of Wyeth. I used to caddy for THE foursome when
I was a kid...President, Treasurer, Dad, and a fourthe from Montreal.

Only the Treasurer was still alive. I called him, and explained my
problem. I only wanted the contaminated honey to be paid for.

Next day, General Manager of Wyeth calls me. "How can I help, Mr Palmer?"

Two weeks later, I had a check...paid in full for the honey.
MIke