From:
Scott Moser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Jul 2001 00:36:00 -0400
Greetings all,
     Allen was wondering why ankle stings seemed to be worse than other
areas of the body.  I hate to get stung on the ankles, because more often
than not, my ankle swells, develops a large circular red ring similar to an
infection, aches/hurts for several days, and usually contains a fever in
the affected area.  I asked a Dr. about this, fearing I was becoming
sensitive to stings, and his reply was because of poorer circulation in the
foot/ankle. When we are stung elsewhere in the body, the toxins become
distributed in the body.  With the foot's poorer circulation, it just stays
there and slowly dissipates. I'm not a doctor, but I play one in the
beeyard, so probably best thing to do would be to elevate feet above the
heart for a few minutes to let the blood flow out of the legs. Wouldn't
hurt to do this a few times the day of the sting. Sounds like a good excuse
to lay down on the job!  Good luck all!
Scott