From:
Bill Truesdell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Jan 2002 09:06:42 -0500
Michael Housel wrote:

> When giving lectures one of the items I always stress is the use of honey on
> Broccoli just before steaming.  It is the only time my grandkids eat seconds.

Which opens up another use of honey.

I do like broccoli, but there are agents in some foods that react with
an individuals taste buds to give a very different taste to the food
than most experience. Broccoli is one of them. Some people love it, like
me, but others cannot tolerate it. It actually tastes different, usually
very bitter and inedible. Maybe honey could mask the taste and allow
those with super sensitive taste buds to it to enjoy it.

But then, maybe not. No amount of honey would get me to eat a bite of
liver. I can detect it in parts per trillion. Okra, maybe, but not
liver.

Bill Truesdell
Bath, Me