From:
Dee Lusby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Nov 2006 17:21:09 -0800
Aaron:
Since I am in a family that kept strong field management to
the natural side of beekeeping without the usage of various
treatments, and when asked to show, for learning to others,
we did,(not that it hasn't been thrown back upon us by
those not understanding this trait), to have it documented,
here it is again to read, and Aaron if others were also
doing, it is not a rare to find trait.....

Thelytoky in a Strain of U.S. Honeybees (Apis mellifera L)
May 1991 - Bee Science

http://www.beesource.com/pov/lusby/bsmay1991.htm

For those reading. Please note this was published in 1991
but much of the stuff we were showing was still in the
1980s and actually done from about 1988 -1990 in dialogue
with those concerned. Also so-called AHB didn't reach our
area until about 1996 by state declaration with finding
next to our SC yards too by the way for FWIW.

Regards,

Dee A. Lusby

Sponsored Link

Mortgage rates near 39yr lows.
$510k for $1,698/mo. Calculate new payment!
www.LowerMyBills.com/lre