From:
Ted Swenson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Nov 2005 12:43:05 -0800
Hello Bob,

Great information.  I have moved most of my Russians to California for
the almonds.  What techniques would you use to get them to build up
early.  I am use to the queens waiting for a pollen flow before starting
the late winter/spring build up and I'm ready for the normal spring
brood explosion.  For several years I have put out the feeders (aka
Allen Dick) with bee pro and they seem to work them pretty good.  I just
don't like to feed the entire neighborhood.

Have you tried pollen paddies and if so how well did your Russians take
them?  Did it get the queens to build up sooner?

Thanks,  Ted