From:
Peter Edwards <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Aug 2007 23:21:09 +0100
Randy wrote:
> Peter, bees have a way of making "must haves" moot!  : )

Think I understand that!

> The effect of acetic fumigation was not as pronounced as I would have
> expected, given that many CCD colonies had high nosema levels.

Are you talking about CCD colonies that had died out completely, or ones
with some survivors?
If the former then it is surprising and clearly suggests other factors are
present (given that acetic acid fumigation is effective against such a wide
range of pathogens on comb, that should eliminate many from your
invetigations?).
If the latter then I would not expect as great an effect if the survivors
are put on to clean comb, as they will obviously be carrying some nosema
unless treated with fumidil at the same time.

Best wishes

Peter Edwards
www.stratford-upon-avon.freeserve.co.uk/