From:
allen dick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Nov 2005 14:13:17 -0700
> Bob, you're one of the few. Many folks I read on internet lists who
> inadvertently say something that is wrong, and then are subsequently
> shown to be wrong will still insist on being "right.

Indeed, and often it is really not a matter of being wrong or right,
especially in a discussion like this.  Sometimes it is merely a matter of
wording, as it may well be here.  There may well be persistent forms of viri
that are analgous to spores.

Arriving correct wording is important, because if we do not all have a
common understanding of the meaning of words and use them precisely, we can
hardly communicate effectively.  That said, we can get too fussy and hassle
over wording when we actually know what is being said -- and agree.

I think we all understand what Bob is saying, and just want to make sure we
use the correct wording for the concepts.

allen

I think the world is run by 'C' students.
            -- Al McGuire