From:
Griggs Mike <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Feb 2007 09:21:11 -0500
Fellow beekeepers --I need your help!

  As you may know I have been working with the Cornell Library to get
Books from the EF Phillips rare beekeeping book collection digitized
for all beekeepers everywhere.  If you have a computer & (fast)
internet connection you can view these important volumes from early
american beekeeping.

   Our latest choice has been the first 20 volumes of American Bee
Journal from the years 1861 through 1880.  This would be an
incredible new addition.  I have had great assistance from the
beekeeping community from across the US.  This last effort has slowed
& we are only half way to our goal of $3000 to complete this segment
of digitization.  I agree that it does seem expensive but these items
are very fragile & get the best of care while being scanned.

   Our local club acknowledges our officers efforts & past members by
gifting to this cause.  It is a gift that will be useful to
beekeepers world wide.

  I was hoping that I could get each of you to bring up this at your
state or local beekeeping meetings to see if we could get to this
target!

If you have any questions see; http://bees.library.cornell.edu/
or ask me or the library

Thanx