Reply To:
Informed Discussion of Beekeeping Issues and Bee Biology <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Dec 2007 16:37:50 GMT
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (15 lines)
...if you are going to look at owners and high salary managers of large operations of _any_ industry you would see this....i think this is about desiring and working towards big business/money, and not really about farmers per se.  big money entertainers and ex vice presidents who are very vocal about global warming, but their professional and personal lives don't reach such goals (with perhaps the only exception to be willie nelson)....because they are big money.  i can tell you from personal experience that it's much easier to consume less when you are poor.

all that said....even if these execs are wasteful in the personal lives...could it be outweighed by conserving and being sustainable on an "industrial scale?"...perhaps, but i don't think most large scale commercial organic farms are actually sustainable, so it's kind of a moot point.  i'm pretty convinced that in the end, we are going to need more, smaller farms that grow with more diversity.  if fuel goes way up, shipping food will become prohibitive (and likewise, bees).

deknow

-- Paul Cherubini <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
I've found the owners and high salaried managers of most of these big organic farm operations buy big homes and vehicles and live the the same 
highly resource consumptive lifestyles as industrial farmers with similar high incomes.

* Full guidelines for BEE-L posting are at:          *
* http://www.honeybeeworld.com/bee-l/guidelines.htm  *

ATOM RSS1 RSS2