From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Feb 2007 07:56:01 -0600
Hello John & All,

Bob, what  temperatures were experienced? What is considered overheating?

We were not given exact temperatures at the meeting but having unloaded many
tankers I suspect warmer than 70-80F. Most loads simply feel warm to the
touch but I have seen a load or two (mostly in spring) when you can see the
heat coming off the HFCS and the HFCS was well over 100F.

The problem is the end users have no idea how hot the HFCS was when loaded.
Our loads come from the far north of us. Days drive.

Also discussed was railroad tanker loads being too hot when moving across
country or sitting on a railroad siding.

Kind of like overheated honey its hard to tell without testing.

I am new to the subject so I am still learning. Off spec has been big this
season in California but I can't say a problem in our area. Big losses were
seen by a beekeeper but others got HFCS off the same load.

At the meeting they lumped off spec in the same category as overheated. To
me they should be separate but similar problems.

Toxic sugars (subject of my ABJ article) in HFCS is still another problem
but a problem which we have known about for over 30 years but ignored.

Sincerely,
Bob Harrison

--
believed to be clean.