From:
Mike Stoops <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Mar 2006 19:06:19 -0800
Ken Norman <[log in to unmask]> wrote: Hi All,
     I was informed by a local migatory beekeeper that the queen breeding
conditions in California has been delayed by the weather. If this is true,
when would the queen breeders of California recommend the queens be ready for shipment to my location in Missouri.

Ken Norman
V/P of MSBA

Ken,
    Have you looked at the latest issue of American Bee Journal?  You'd better ask questions from those CAL queen suppliers before buying.  Where are you located?  Where are your mating yards located?  How do you control the drone population in the area?  Do you know how many feral colonies are located within ten miles of your mating yard?
    AFB drones outperform European drones consistantly and if any are in the mating area, they are the ones who will mate with the flying virgin queens.

Mike in LA