From:
Mats Andersson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 24 Oct 2001 15:02:47 +0200
Dear fellow beekeepers, can you please help me out with this question, that
has haunted me since i started beekeeping:

In Sweden, all honey is sold in chrystallized form. After extraction, the
honey is poured into plastic drums and seeded with a small amount of
chrystallized honey and it then chrystallizes within a week or two. It is
then re-heated to approximately 35 degreed Celsius (95 F) for 24 hours, so
it reaches a semi-liquid state before it is poured into jars, where it
returns to it's chrystallized state.

This is the way most beekeepers here do it. Some just seed and put the honey
into jars right away. Using any of these techniques, you get very smooth,
non-liquid honey that resembles butter in its consistency.

Ever since i started beekeeping, i have been asked if i could deliver liquid
honey. I have asked around and always been told that the nectars of our
flowers have a structure that makes liquid honey impossible. Now, i have
decided find out for sure. If you can get liquid honey from clover,
dendelions or raspberry nectar in the states, why can't i. Do you heat your
honey to liquify it? Am i missing a parameter that i haven't thought about?

Please help.

Sincerely

Mats Andersson