From:
Richard E Leber <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Jan 2001 10:00:29 -0600
On Mon, 22 Jan 2001 00:04:04 -0800 Steve Victors <[log in to unmask]> writes:
> I would like to ask the
> members of the list to give me some advice on the type and size
> extractor that would be most useful for my needs. I have
> plans of increasing the number of hives
> from two to fifteen this year
>
> Steve Victors

Steve;

Hands down there is no contest between extractors for the hobby
beekeeper.  Check the catalogs from Rossman Apiaries (1-800-333-7677) and
Burshy Mountain Bee Farm (1-800-921-2681) to find their 'Delux 9-Frame
Radial Hand Extractor'.  Last year's catalog price $325.

The price is right, no need for a small operator to spend the money for a
motorized extractor.  This one runs free, smooth and easy with minimum
effort.  The radial design eliminates the need to "reverse frames"...
uncap, load and extract both side of the frames at the same time.  It is
designed to hold a full honey super of frames when you are using 9 frames
in a medium (6-1/4") or shallow (5-3/8") box.  If you use deep boxes for
producing your honey crop you'll fit 3 frames in the tangential cage that
comes in the box (no extra cost).  Sold complete with stand (legs) with
room beneath the gate for your catch bucket and filter screens.

Rick & Nancy Leber
Beekeeping & Honey Production Since 1987
Mobile, 'Sweet Home Alabama'