From:
Bill Truesdell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Sep 2007 08:20:13 -0400
Tom Elliott wrote:
> It is my understanding that normal healthy infants are not impacted by
> oral intake of the spores.
Less to do with the health of the infant than their age. Their digestive
systems are not mature enough to handle botulism during their first
year. Some mature earlier and some later in the year, so 1 year is
probably well on the safe side for all.

All of us ingest botulism spores at some time or another, but our
systems can handle them unless overwhelmed.

Bill Truesdell
Bath, Maine