From:
Dee Lusby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Feb 2007 08:00:13 -0800
Allen:
>  Am I correct in  reading this as referring to your
operation, and that you managed to keep bees alive, but did
not get production?

Reply:
Allen this has been gone over with you and others in the
past and I have said it several times. In talking first
regression down of which we did to the 5.0mm - 5.1mm mode
coming off of 5.4mm in the beginning it looks good and you
say, looks great for the bees. But in actuality it is a red
herring FWIW as far as I am concerned for by year 8 it was
close to back the other way that made us want to redo, and
of course we did. By year 8 we were back to 50% losses and
requeening spring and fall and knew we had only a certain
amount of time to think through and retool again for that
.1mm to .2mm change we did to try to get it right,
realizing that things were complicated after studying all
the various ways measuring combs had been changed for what
we thought we originally had besides learning more in
foundation making for the good and the bad part of it.Here
suttleties meant a lot we found out. Course no one liked
hearing that then, and then too we were told others might
not agree with us fine tooling more.

But with that much work in, hard as it was, and going down
to break even with intermediate size after 8 years. We slip
the sheet so to speak and just did it going then to 4.9mm
and into the forbidden zone we were told to stay out of for
top tolerance.........

From there on out we have come forward, though gates
stopping at every turn we have tried to make FWIW.....

So Keep the question you asked confined to the first step
down............and those we had working relationships with
knowing also, the SAME wall would hit others LATER. But
then of course treatments can stave that off!! like ho ho,
sure, my?

Dee-

Finding fabulous fares is fun.