From:
Murray McGregor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Dec 1997 06:35:09 +0000
In article <[log in to unmask]>, "\\Dr. Pedro P.
Rodriguez" <[log in to unmask]> writes
>Dear Murray:
>Thank you for a beautifully well written dissertation.  I wish that I would
>have the wisdom, the fluidity of language and the ability to express your
>opinion on such an important subject as are Varroa mites and their
>significance to beekeeping in particular and to humanity in general as you
>have.  Ignoring the menace presented by Varroa mites is tantamount to
>inviting disaster as you so well put it.
>I am so very glad that at least there is one more person in this world of
>ours who
>has a vision on the potential harm represented by Varroa.
>My deepest gratitude goes to you for your insight.
>Sincerely.
>Dr. Rodriguez
>Virginia Beach, VA
Dear Dr. Rodriguez,

I would like to thank both yourself and the host of direct respondents
to my posting on mites, for the courtesy of all your replies.

However, one or two points have up in various e-mails which I feel I
must clarify.

Firstly, the posting was not meant to be some kind of structured piece
of work on mites and their treatments. It was, and remains, a loosely
connected series of paragraphs dealing with some of the points raised in
recent postings by various parties.

Secondly, although it may have seemed so to some from what I wrote, I am
NOT afraid of the varroa mite. I feel that with such a potentially
destructive creature as this you should make every effort to know your
enemy, and every single one of us should read all PROPER research on the
subject and learn the true situation with all treatments, being careful
not to jump to hasty conclusions, and being wary of theories put forward
by narrow interest groups or individuals. Do your homework properly and
then, either individually or communally, you CAN arrive at a valid and
effective strategy for combatting varroa. There is no cure, but there
are ways to live with it.

Thank you all again for your kind replies
--
Murray McGregor