From:
Michael Housel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Oct 2001 09:28:46 EDT
       Gave 5 lectures last week training the folks that teach.  I only do
this for one week each year.  Listening to the queens sing, Italians and
Russian, was one of greatest interest this year.  Handling drones was one of
the other interests.  Blue honey and all the local Florida honeys.  The
harmonics of the sounds of the wings in flight to the connecting hocks and
shattered wing stars of older bees wings.   Pictures of local wild outside
the tree beehives and location for viewing them.
       If they want honey that has not been heated above 100degrees then you
talk money.
       Getting the observation hives and different kinds of queens (25) in
display cases along with Mason bees, yellow jackets, bumble bees, ect.
       Fruit and vegetables examples of the reason for the bees.  Blueberry
to a 22 to 26 seed counts, seedless water melon, citrus of seedless and
regular varieties.
       This is not a complete list by any means and I normally have help for
the lectures.  Your age of the audience is important and to the bee dance and
dielectric antennas.
       Michael Housel       Orlando