From:
John Taylor <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 30 Sep 1996 04:54:09 GMT
On Sun, 29 Sep 1996 21:54:00 GMT, you wrote:

IMHO..It's the moisture and salt that attracts the bees to a wrist
watch,
>or any other area of the body that is moist and salty including some
>private parts if the bees can get to them. The bees normally are not
>intent on stinging these areas, but in our normal movements they become
>injured and attack as a last effort setting the area up with the sting
>and alarm odors that others are attracted and attack also.

Hi Andy,

I had the experience this summer of checking elevations for excavation
of the walk-out basement for my new house.  The temperatures were in
the 90's and I was sweating.  My bees, the hive was almost 200 yards
to the West, kept coming to visit me. At any one time I would have
somewhere between two to four bees on my hands, arms or legs.  The
girls on my hands would very actively seek something with there
tongues, especially in cracks, ie, between fingernail and skin.  I
wondered if it wasn't sweat/salt they were after.

John Taylor
Southeast Missouri
Wild Rose Creek Apiary