From:
Howard Kogan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Oct 2006 08:44:32 -0400
Dear Members;
Forgive me for extending what is already getting tiried but I would like
to remind everyone that the distinction between natural and artificial is
an 'advertizing' issue primarily rather than a scientific issue.
It is not 'natural' for honeybees to be in the US at all.  But it is
natural for humans to move honeybees and whatever else can be moved to
where we want it.  Its not right and its not wrong-its just human nature.
There is not one square foot anywhere on earth that is unaffected by
humans and the culture, industries, etc we have created.  So I guess
purists would say that there is no natural only degrees of artificial
(which some on this list seem to think means 'contaminated' by human
hands).
For me the question when considering what actions to take is; will this
promote the overall health of my bees, my family and my small corner of
the earth.  Often the answer is not clear but you do the best you can with
the information you have.
Howard Kogan-thinking that'playing God' is very human!