Date:
Fri, 31 Mar 2006 18:23:17 EST

[log in to unmask] writes:

The  paper is a few years old.  In that case, I have seen the drones above an
 excluder, laid by
worker/s, on two  occasions.

Trevor,

What leads you to conclude that the drones were as a result of eggs laid by
workers and not:

a) trapped above the excluder by a manipulation by the beekeeper, or

b) The result of eggs moved by anarchistic bees?

I, too, have occasionally seen brood above an excluder but draw no other
conclusion than that we need more research as that conducted by Prof Ratieks and
his colleagues.

Chris