From:
Keith Malone <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Jul 2002 08:01:45 -0800
Hi Bob & All,

Bob wrote;
> Many  bee books , bee magazines ,the USDA and  this list have written
about
> testing for varroa by 24 hour natural mite fall. What more biological way
> test?  Even Peta members would approve.
>
> Although some researchers do not consider natural mite fall the best
method
> of testing it sure beats the eyes in my opinion when dealing with large
> numbers of hives .

So what would a high mite drop in 24 hours mean, a lot of mites were in your
hives or a lot of mites were just discarded from the hive and now there are
fewer in it? A 24 hour mite drop, to me, does not tell how many mites are
inside the hive, It only tells me how many mites are no longer in the hive.
This is my opinion, but what do I know?

Keeping bees is a responsibility, happy Beekeeping,  d:~)>
  .  ..
c(((([
Keith Malone
Chugiak, Alaska USA
http://takeoff.to/alaskahoney

Check out current weather in my area and 5 day forecast;
http://www.wx.com/myweather.cfm?ZIP=99654