From:
Roy Nettlebeck <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Feb 2006 09:34:08 -0800

> p.s. the natural and organic food segment is growing at 20-25% per year ,
>
> The problem is the organic sales are not all from the little guys like
> you.
> Big business is moving in. My friends which are certified organic for
> their
> farms are beginning to complain. Look at how the prices for organic
> produce
> has dropped over the last three years in the stores!
> Why would not the big corporate farms get on board? They get one farm
> organic certified and then run all their produce from the 10 other farms
> under the organic label. There is no enforcement of any kind. Zero!

Hello Bob and All,
 This is something that will not stop. Don't fight the big guys.Let them
beat themselves.
My job is to educate the public and let my product sell itself. I have no
problem and get top dollar for my honey.
The market place will run  the show. Quality will always win.People need to
know what is quality first.
We have honey sales all over the world. It has taken years to get the word
out and now it has paid off.
I don't need to use the word organic with my honey. I have pictures of my
operation and explain what we do to get clean raw honey and where we collect
it from nature. One picture is worth a 1,000 words. I will not waist my time
with those that cheat. That is there problem. My product is my problem. I
can take care of that myself.
I wish we had a flat table to work with, but the big money will do anything
and everything to make more money. Right or wrong.
The good news is coming in as we speak. More people are understanding , they
are what they eat.Push that and be honest , the rest will shake out over
time.
Farmers markets are growing all the time and more people are getting the
idea of getting it direct from the farmer.
Don't expect the USDA to help the little guy. We have the best goverment
money can buy.
Thank You
Roy Nettlebeck
Tahuya River Apiaries