From:
Garrett M Martin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Dec 2002 07:26:30 -0500
On Mon, 9 Dec 2002 09:55:54 -0700 TNT Apiaries <[log in to unmask]>
writes:
> > I don't know what is considered a fertilizer pump in your part of
> the world,
> but the ones used here for moving liquid fertilizer are the what
> most
> beekeepers use for syrup. May or may not be the same.

I am referring to what we call 28% liquid nitrogen.  This pump is a
centrifugal pump powered by a five horse engine.  I was not sure that
this type of pump could move HFCS seeing that it is so thick.

> .   When I  started I used a little thirty-five dollar brass one.

Does this pump need to be brass?  I was thinking of a gear drive
hydraulic oil pump.  These pumps will pump fairly thick oil.

Garrett Martin
Willets Lake Apiaries
Warsaw, IN USA