Date:
Thu, 10 Oct 2002 07:38:44 -0400
> All year I've been lifting the inner covers of my hives and finding
earwigs
> scurrying to and fro!  Is this something that I should be worrying about?

I believe that earwigs are predators, and likely feed on little critters in
the hive.  I'd guess that they're neutral, at worst, and perhaps even
beneficial to the hive.

I noticed a lot of earwigs this year, too.  I think it may be related to the
very hot/dry summer we had.  Earwigs like moisture, and the evaporation of
nectar produces a fair amount at the top of the hive - which is exactly
where I've been finding them most.

Todd.