Date:
Fri, 13 Apr 2001 02:47:14 -0500
> I ordered starline bees.... I am hoping for a little advice....

Based on my experience with bee shipments within the USA, packages are
shipped regular mail, queens only are shipped priority mail. You can discuss
this with your supplier and with your local post office to determine best
possible arrangements from the source to you. Some post offices will agree to
call when the bees arrive so you can pick them up directly.

> Is it possible the package will arrive a-OK.... Any suggestions would be
> appreciated.

Wait for arrival and examine the bees immediately. Contact the supplier if
you have questions or problems. Most suppliers I have dealt with are very
good with customer satisfaction. Assuming some live bees and a queen, you
should hive up the bees, and add a feeder with sugar water. Look for signs of
egg laying after 3 to 5 days. If you can add some drawn comb frames and/or
capped brood, you can give the bees a huge head start. A frame of honey would
be nice too. If you don't have these perhaps you could find a local beekeeper
who would help.

Wade
--
Web Site:  http://www.honeyhillfarm.com