From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Sep 2008 21:05:31 -0700
> Anyone else want to opineon this subject?

Steve, we do this all the time in spring to equalize buildup, esp of new
colonies.
But first, always check to make sure the weak one isn't diseased!

We swap any time of day, anywhere in the yard.
We never notice queen loss, but there is generally a light flow on.
You could always cage the queen of a really weak colony with a candy plug.

When we move out yards of new colonies in spring, we often do it during
daylight, and leave a few week ones to pick up the drift.

Randy Oliver