From:
Michael Housel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Aug 2000 11:25:07 EDT
I use Red Headed Golden Italian queen from California with the blue
fingernail polish and a little dot of luminating (in black light) nail polish
in the center.  The first six weeks one doesn't need glasses to find the
queen.  These are used in the educational year around observation hives at
the Orlando Science Center and Seminole County Learning Center in Florida.
After the six weeks and the queen has the bees to her off spring it is a
little harder but still easy to locate her.  The black light will show the
pollin on the gathering workers body with a glow that will separate the nurse
bees which don't glow.  Haven't gotten any pictures but will.  I wonder if
the dance might show a glowing of the pollin?  Any Black light study
information?  I really don't want to want to sign off each time with the Glow
in the Dark, Red Headed Golden Italian with blue fingernail polish Queen form
California.  If I could get her to toot on command we would have a movie star
to sing with the wing chime players.  Michael Housel Caretaker for an All
Female Vegetarian Virgin Army of millions.  Single and looking, please send
picture -- of bees.