From:
"J. Waggle" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Oct 2006 18:29:59 -0500
Brian Fredericksen <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>I can tell you from working at a large forture 500 lab that in a
particular field lets say amorphous
>metals there are 1000's of citations from eastern Europe & Russia. We
routinely ignored many of
>these articles…

Hello,

I don’t know what amorphous metals have to do with honeybee research, but
I would recommend that you read some of the superb honeybee research
coming out of  Germany, UK and a few other European countries, and you
will find that Seeley and other USA researchers routinely collaborate with
scientists in Europe, and the work done there that I have seen is of high
quality.

>When I see a study by Marla Spivak, Tom Seeley or one of the other dozen
or so respected bee
>researchers on small cell I will take the claims more seriously.

We are not talking small cell claims here!  This thread specifically
addresses the “upsizing of honeybees during the time period of the late
1800’s to about 1920.  This makes it a large cell claim. :)

But, since you brought it up,  please tell me who these “dozen or so”
respected bee researchers are in this world?  Are there any ’outside the
USA’?   I do Btw have a collection of excellent honeybee research
documents from several of the highly respected researches in Europe.  Most
researchers here in the USA (except for the work by Page), as far as I
know are not conducting  research in my specific point of interest, so I
go to Europe for the information where most of this research specific to
what I want is being conducted.

But I think the readers are beginning to see your hard stance on this
issue.    You seem to be implying that research conducted outside the USA
is to be ignored because they do not have any respected bee researchers
and also have old outdated equipment.  Please expand on your position and
maybe explain to our friends across the pond why they should ignore, lets
say  Charles Butler, scientist in the UK, and maybe why research from that
there Swiss scientist Francois Huber should be ignored also.

But nice try Brian.

Best Wishes,

Joe Waggle
Ecologicalbeekeeping.com