From:
Mike Griggs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 May 2002 09:32:34 -0400
Fellow Beekeeper,

It is with great pleasure that I invite you to attend  this years
Eastern Apicultural Society  Conference at Cornell University in New
York.  This years conference is hosted by the Empire State Honey
Producers and Dyce Laboratory for Honey Bee Studies at Cornell
University.  I hope you will be able to attend this gala event.

Campus opens Sunday afternoon to begin the Short Course starting
Monday morning August, 5th. The main conference then begins on
Wednesday August  7th, at 1:30 pm.   Thursday & Friday afternoon we
present 10 simultaneous Work Shops on all aspects of beekeeping.
The program chairs have done an outstanding job presenting us with
choice.  Thursday night we hold our annual BBQ & Auction for Honey
Bee Research and Friday night we wrap up with an Awards Banquet.
This is a very brief overview.

More information on program specifics can be found at this web site--
http://www.eas2002.cornell.edu

We are using Cornell's newly constructed air conditioned dormitories
for residence and the dinning hall for meals.  Don't let your
memories of college taint your perspective of these facilities as
todays students live in luxury!  These new dormitories are referred
to as "The Palace"  by the unlucky freshman that are placed in older
buildings.

We will be on North Campus but will also bus too and from Dyce
Laboratory for Honey Bee Studies, offering us the opportunity to see
the Lab.  and utilize the grounds for our Short Course and Work
Shops.  The great part in this is that we will be able to better
mingle with the bees without fear of disturbing academic life on
campus.

A high point of the Short Course will be the excursion to Tom Seeleys
lab for a session interpreting the dance language of the bees!

More information can be found at the web site or you can  request
information packets by replying to me with number requested.

EAS has not graced the Cornell Campus for thirty years and may not be
back anytime soon!  The program is packed, diverse and exciting.  I
hope you will take advantage of this incredible opportunity and
attend this years EAS conference.

See you in August!

Mike

--