From:
Tim Arheit <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Dec 2002 09:47:04 -0500
Reading the information just posted about dipping woodenware in 160 degree
paraffin for 10-15 minutes as being a treatment for AFB makes me wonder.
Has anyone tried simply baking woodenware at 160 degrees?  Would this take
care of AFB and how long would be needed?  160 degrees is within the
operating range of a kiln (for drying wood), and some places will do custom
drying and I suspect they would dry/bake woodenware.

Has anyone done any tests (scientific or otherwise)?  Is heat the answer or
does the paraffin have something to do with it?

-Tim