From:
Charles Linder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Oct 2016 13:50:35 -0500
Pete,  I didn't mean from a genetic development perspective,  not even remotely qualified there to propose a thought,  I was just refereeing to our personal nomenclature.   Take MB for example,  his idea of restiant bees is way different than Mel Dissolken,  who promotes treatment free from constant splitting,  to say mine  which means I can leave the hive alone and not treat,  and not watch it dwindle the last of the year.

Is a hive that survives one season,  but has to be queenless the second season restiant?  Is it restiant if they have certain percentage of hygienic,  or is it they have to completely survive 3 years straight,  or possible keep mites below a threshold,  or survive fine at a 75% infestation rate?  Does it count if it has to swarm 3 times???

That’s was my thought,  no common definition amongst us,  mite free treatment free, or tolerant I don't think we are all on the same page.

Charles