From:
Eric Abell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Jan 1997 14:41:22 -0700
>    As a hobby beekeeper, 15 colonies and growing any information out there
>can't help but improve my skills or at least furnish me with another question
>to ponder when the inner cover comes off.
>    Now the commercial operators with a few thousand hives might find the
>information a bit hard to glean from the various posts but my bet says they
>built their operations in the field and not at the computer monitor in the
>first place.

As a commercial beekeeper with 1200 colonies under the snow I find this list
a great place to visit.  Remember, with your 15 colonies you need several
good ideas to make it worthwhile.  If I get only 1 good idea from the list
this winter that I can use 1200 times or that might save 1% or my colonies,
or produce even 1 extra pound per colony, or save me 1 minute a colony then
whatever I have invested in time to read these messages has been a good
investment.

Eric

Eric Abell
Gibbons, Alberta Canada