From:
awcannon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Jul 2000 22:32:35 +0100
----- Original Message -----
From: CAIR <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Sunday, July 02, 2000 11:47 PM
Subject: What's happening in my hive?

> Hello
> snip
> I went to my hive today and found many bees, but few capped brood cells.
In
> the past (I installed the package of bees in April), there was a lot of
> capped brood.
>
> Today, there were also three empty queen supercedure (sp?) cells on the
> size of one frame.

it seems that the old queen that you installed with the package bees  is
dead or missing. if the supersedure queen/s are about then it may still be a
virgin waiting to be mated. if you get a lot of drones and drone brood,
maybe you have laying workers
these will give you drones, as of course they would not be fertile and
mated. you may need to check again for a queen and if not found then you
must requeen.
take care and stay lucky
Albert Cannon.
http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~awcannon/Frontpage.htm