From:
Aaron Morris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Oct 2016 00:33:09 -0400
Regarding repeated "requeening", to me it just raised the issue that there
is no "natural beekeeping" anymore.  The package industry puts selective
pressure on bees that will readily accept new, unrelated queens.  Constant
requeening remove whatever genes were in the pool from that queen.  Of
course, there is always the patriline that can bring at least half of those
genes forward.  Regardless, we beekeepers have certainly put unnatural
selection pressure on breeding.  One can only guess for better or worse.

Aaron Morris - I think, therefore I bee!