From:
Eric Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Jan 2006 10:18:49 -0500
On Fri, 13 Jan 2006 13:32:50 -0900, Keith Malone
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>where would the poor public be, in a land of KILLER BEES, without
>a beekeeper or at least an exterminator to handle the wild colonies and
>swarms of aggressive bees?

I was just at a meeting of pest control operators in Florida in December.
Half the program was on "killer bees."  (The other very interesting half
was on bed bugs.  Fortunately for me, they seem to prefer blue-blood kind
of establishments to Bob's Motor Lodge.  But be careful where you sleep!)
As far as the general public goes, I think an exterminator is exactly what
they want.  Does the general public really want understanding?  Or someone
who can work with bees?  I think, they just want them eliminated.  And I
have a hard time seeing that the general public will trouble itself to
differentiate between "good bees" and "bad bees."

On a tangential note, from the geographic origins of recent posts, it seems
like we Southerners might hold more firmly to the doctrine of total
depravity.  Is that what this discussion boils down to?

Eric