Date:
Mon, 19 Sep 2005 18:29:29 GMT
My wife and I spent a wonderful vacation in North Carolina last week.  While at the Biltmore estate in Asheville, we noted what looked like English ivy vines covering trees and walls in several spots.  On closer examination, we saw dozens of honeybees working the inconspicuous flowers.

I had not realized English ivy flowered and secreted nectar in quantity that's attractive to bees.  Does anyone know if it's a good source?  It's attractive to plant in any garden.

I also heard that Boston ivy was attractive to bees.

Any info or references will be appreciated.

Regards,

Waldemar