From:
"Lipscomb, Al" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Jul 2000 09:55:06 -0400
The first thing you need to do is plan. Keep ahead of the bees when you can.

I use all medium supers so my frames can be moved between brood chambers and
honey supers with no problems. When I need more drawn comb I take a strong
colony with a young queen and remove all supers. I place boxes of foundation
on top of the brood chamber and feed them syrup. Monitor the progress of
them drawing the comb and rotate frames into the center position as they
become well drawn. About one gallon of syrup will provide enough stimulation
for them to draw out ten frames.

If it is late in the season let the bees have this super for winter food. If
you need the space for honey production rotate frames up from the brood
chamber.

In message <[log in to unmask]>, Lipscomb, Al
<[log in to unmask]> writes
>I would much rather the bees draw foundation on syrup then on the flows.
How do you do that and keep it under control? Please.
--
James Kilty