Date:
Fri, 18 Feb 2000 16:08:14 -0500
I just opened a mailing from our Florida bee inspectors reguarding the
section 18 use of Cumaphos. The last bullet item on the list is:

SALE OF COMB HONEY FROM HIVES TREATED WITH COUMAPHOS IS PROHIBITED.
(all caps in original).

While I am still reading the fine print, this is bad news for me. If a
hive sees coumaphos, then the Ross Round supers and cut comb supers may
not be used on this hive. This is clearly stated in the letter from the
EPA, a copy of which was included in the mailing. Since there is no "for
x number of days" in the statment that means once the strips go in, the
supers stay off.