From:
Chuck Norton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Jan 2004 17:10:39 -0500
Allen,

Thank you for bringing to light the full details of the CHC's position of
sponsorship and intent to see the registration of Oxalic Acid in Canada
hopefully come to fruition in a manner such as written by Ms. Clay of the
CHC.

The CHC is wise to take this position, I certainly hope that Mr. Gene
Brandi, Chairman of the National Honey Board here in the USA will take a
similar position.

The following short quotation of Ms. Clay's mailing rings true for the US
as well: "Since oxalic acid is readily available there is no economic
reason for a drug company to pursue the registration of oxalic acid. The
CHC would like to facilitate the registration of oxalic acid but we need
your help to accomplish this task."

Perhaps this could be the start of something really great, Beekeepers and
Honey Board both supporting each other in a project that has never be done
before: Pesticide Registration!

Field studies,  "labeling", a Material Safety Data Sheets, and other
matters need to be resolved before oxalic acid could ever be approved in
the US by the EPA. IF the NHB could take the responsibility to task would
it be a great political plus! I expect that there are enough resources
within the ranks of Beekeepers of America, to volunteer their expertise of
their individual avocations as well as their hives in order to facilitate
any need that may arise in order that costs could be kept to a minimum.

Regards and Best Wishes to All Canadians

Chuck Norton
Norton's Nut & Honey Farm
Reidsville,  NC